Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gangsters @ Ronco Beach Resort: Disturbing the Peace Part I

We agreed to meet @ McDo Alabang at exactly 0545 Hrs, and leave at 0600 Hrs to arrive in Calatagan early.

Jon & I got there at 0550Hrs.
The rest were spread between 0610Hrs to 0700 Hrs.
And then everyone had breakfast at McDo, because almost all skipped breakfast to get there early. We were all hungry so we ended up eating -- and therefore leaving late -- which ultimately defeated the purpose of skipping breakfast to get there early in the first place. (Did ya'll get that or did I just run around in circles?)
Anyway, we were cramped in the van but were comfortable anyway coz it was nice and new.
We had a brief stopover when some of the boys had to refill our water gallon. (Here's some of us
)


Then we stopped over at the wet market because we had to buy fresh meat, some sea food etc so that we can cook. Imagine how the people there felt when I took a picture of their market... they must have thought I was the type who has never been to a wet market before. Tsktsk. (For the record, I have.)

We asked directions from manong in the market. As I recall, his words were, "Kumaliwa kayo jan, tapos dire-diretsohin nyo lng hanggan dun..." So our driver was delighted, thinking that we were already near the vicinity, because we just had to turn left and go straight.
But I think manong forgot to tell us his definition of "dire-diretsohin lng hanggang dun.." -- because it was actually 5 more kilometers of mostly rough roads with dips and climbs. And I was dying to pee. So imagine my bladder screaming whenever we hit those bumps. Sheesh. But finally, after reaching what I think was the edge of Calatagan (it's true, it was the end of the road already), we finally touched down.

Yeah, the place was nice enough. It was no Puerto Galera or Boracay, but it was nice enough. So the consensus of the group was to buy lunch there so we can eat (yes we were hungry again) and just cook what we bought from the market later. So we summoned our last strength and struggled to wait for the food. Good thing, I was kept company by beach mainstay Zion, a black labrador.

So we ate our overpriced lunch of Menudo, "Kalderita" and Bulalo. We steered clear of their "Adubo" because that was what Jon planned to cook for dinner. But did we really eat Adobo for dinner?
To be Continued...

No comments: