Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ola, Chinabank ATM Center!!!

"ATM Center, good morning, this is evaaaaaa...."

Yup... a little over two years ago this was my morning, noon and afternoon to whoever may be calling our local line. That was the tip of the iceberg for my life at ATM Center.

Having crossed career paths, I have since left the banking industry to join my co-geeks at the IT industry. I've been exposed to several seminars and workshops on IT technology sales -- one of which ironically brought me closer to my previous home.

Yesterday, I "walked the familiar walk" in Makati, towards Fraser Place, for an IT sales workshop. After 8 confusing hours, I texted a former colleague of mine and asked if he wanted to meet up with me by Chinabank's entrance. Mi amigo, King, and another former officemate (and now supervisory trainee) Aimee forced me to go up to get that ATM Center feeling again. I reluctantly agreed, since I knew my former boss was having a meeting in the pantry, and the chances of her seeing me was kinda high. But my reminiscing feeling got the better of me, and we boarded the elevator up to the 14th floor.

By the time I stepped inside the office, it was like a time space warp... Everything was the same... just like my feeling when I went back to my university early this year. I sat near my former table, and my officemate was even showing me what used to be my computer during my eBanking days. I recognized some of the employees there, all of whom shrieked when they saw me, but most of the others there were already after my time. What surprised me was that AJ, the newbie in recon that I helped train as I was leaving, was the most senior recon analyst left in our section....and even she was already resigning...

In the 15 or so minutes I spent there, I made sure to take something with me as proof of my return, haha.

Mommy Jelai, Moi, AJ BadingerZ,
Mi Amigo Kingkong (err... anong ginagawa
mo mi amigo?)....
















This time with blo0ming blo0ming Tessa

(wid mi amigo doing the "nguso" look)












...and as I was leaving, one pahabol picture of the gateway to my previous life.... (Oi bakit nga ba wala pang chorva yang christmas tree? dati September pa lng kuntodo borloloy na yang Christmas tree na yan ah!)


Ciao, ATM Center! Till we meet again!



















No comments: