Friday, October 2, 2009

And they really HAD to make it to NY Times....but what about the others?

http://www.starmometer.com/2009/10/01/cristine-reyes-and-richard-gutierrez-make-it-to-the-new-york-times/

I'm sorry guys, I just have to react on this. I know it's hardly the time to have negative feelings about other people, but I also believe in giving credit where credit is due.

So lemme make this short.

I agree that stars saving other stars is worth media coverage -- especially since it makes everyone realize that in calamities like these, there are no rich, poor, popular celebrities nor D-list wannabes. Everyone is equal in times of danger and crisis.

However, I also firmly believe that stars saving ordinary people are all the more newsworthy. Popular actors almost unrecognizable with the waters reaching up their mouths, hollering to their neighbors to check if they are ok, braving flood waters without motored transport, saving people and animals alike, tying ropes as make shift anchors lest they be carried away by the current... I think they all the more deserve appreciation.

So, ok, the more popular make it to New York Times... How I wish they included the more heroic too...


God bless us all, and may we continue the spirit of compassion and sharing amongst us...

No comments: