Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

I am generally a positive person. If one asks me that famous question "What is your greatest regret in life?", I would say nothing major-major in my most beauty-pageant-esque manner. Nothing major, but I didn't say there was none at all. I do have a few shoulda-woulda-coulda moments that sometimes make me wonder, what if?

Should've danced (really danced) when I could (as in really could)
Should've travelled (really far like out of asia) while my money was still mine (as in just mine)
Should've entered law school (yep, really) while I had the chance (sucks that I lacked social science units because I had a techncal course)
Should've pursued that ethical hacking course (almost did) if only there was a chance I'd be working for Interpol (seriously, where would I use it here? Even the tuition for the course is in USD. Ergo, no Philippine market just yet.)
Should've tried being a part-time barista (missing my barista friends) while taking short courses in (insert name of rival school here. Sorry.)
Should've tried renting an apartment with friends (wait... I did) that is NOT for thesis purposes (oh. Right.)
.....and lots of other stuff buried in my subconscious.

But then again, if any of these happened especially for the long term, maybe I wouldn't be having the life I have right now.

I love my life -- for the most part (haha) so I guess that's enough to justify why these things didn't happen.

Trivial should'ves, wondering if I would've if I could've. Something to ponder on.



1 comment:

Patricia Hernandez said...

Nice read. Kaya pala those things didn't happen kasi there might be some things that may have changed in the present. True enough, things happen for a reason. And I think your life now is really wonderful. Plus a family that makes it perfect :)