Tuesday, August 13, 2019

That thing called...


TADHANA.

I love the movie, but this is not really about the movie. This is simply about "tadhana" -- what is meant to be for you.

I realized in recent years that no matter how hard you try, no matter how many ways you execute it, no matter how many nights you prayed for it, if it's not meant to be, then it won't happen. But then again, there's always a fine line between "not giving up working for what you want" and "recognizing that maybe this is not for you".

So.. how do you know when to keep fighting? How do you know when to give up?

I don't think there's an exact science behind it, but one thing I'm sure of is you have to pray for guidance and discernment.
What I did was I stepped back and acknowledged that I have done what is humanely possible in my limited capacity, and that the rest is up to Him. And if things still do not push through -- then it's not meant for me...yet. Hindi pa nakatadhana.

And as you go through life, you will realize that there are things/experiences you wouldn't have had the chance to have if your "plan" pushed through earlier.

It would help to hold on to the faith that there's always a reason behind everything. There are some things that were not granted to you, probably because He has other plans. However, once you are finally in the same direction as the path He wants you to take, you'll see things unfolding before your own eyes. Of course there will still be anxiety, uncertainty, challenges and questions along the way, but you will see and feel that things are slowly falling into place, and that maybe, finally, you are in the path you are supposed to take, no matter how hard it may seem.

Tadhana. Whatever it may be, wherever it may be, it will surely find its way to you eventually.

Perhaps, I'm getting there.



No comments: