Thursday, May 14, 2009

Don't be a Blinker! *blink*blink*

Who thought something as mundane and as trivial as this could have a definite impact on something important?

TIP for those to be wed or to have their pre-nuptial shoot: Don't blink right after the first flash -- wait for a few seconds more because the photographers are taking follow-up shots...


(I just shared this with my co-w@wies) Ok, here's the thing. Having seen the raw pictures from my wedding, I noticed that the photogs take around 2-4 bursts of shots for a single pose, usually for the important couple shots (like the ones in Church after the ceremony etc..). I noticed that altho most of the 1st shots were good enough, there are times when the smiles are still not that warm and the poses still a bit awkward so I tend to choose the 2nd or 3rd shot of the same pose. However, more often than not, I realized that my hubby had already blinked by then, so his eyes are closed/partially closed in the succeeding shots -- just when the rest of us in the picture were all warmed up and ready. Ergo, I end up settling for whichever shot has all our eyes open, knowing it could have been better if only my hubby (or I) did not blink immediately.

I asked my hubby why his eyes were always closed in the latter shots, and he says after the flash he blinks already because of the glare, not really aware that there were follow up shots.

So especially for the couple, do try to keep from blinking immediately after the flash goes off. Remember that this event won't happen again, and it would really have an impact later when you start to pick through the hundreds of pictures to put in your final album.


ciao!

No comments: