Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Maundy Thursday: "Fast-eating"

In the previous years, my Maundy Thursdays were always boring and sad, with the exception of last year's bora holy-week holiday. Since I'm not in Bora now, I thought it would be another one of those sleep-all-day days. Good thing I was wrong. If I can't be in bora now, at least, I'd eat as if I was in bora. Ha!

And so we scoured Makati for places to eat. And thanks to my Tito & Tita, we ended up in Bonifacio High Street, whose resturants were thankfully open to the hungry public. But the place, usually brimming with people, was experiencing scarcity in patronization.



Clawdaddy's had the most appeal to us. It had seafood, since we were trying to avoid meat. We had no idea of the serving size, so we just ordered 1 serving of each. There was Creole Razor Clams with Fettucine (minus half the fettucine -- the pictures was taken a bit too late)



And this chicken burger with a mound of fries and a LOT of other stuff in it



And this Opaka-sumthing fish that the waiter said was cooked Hawaiian style (ooops, not much left there I guess...)




oh, we also had this pink salmon salad that sadly wasn't able to survive long enough for me to take a picture of it...

And lastly, there was this tuna ribs thingie who's supposed to be for 1 person only. "Supposed to be" is pretty accurate, coz we had no idea where they got the idea that an average Filipino person could eat all of this by his lonesome.



To say that we kinda "over-estimated" is an understatement. We were drowned by the food, and we were supposed to be "fasting". Well, "fast-eating" is more appropriate!




We didn't even get to touch the chicken burger (except for half the fries).

But if you think it ends there, think again. All those major courses made us crave for some dessert. And the first thing that came to mind was...



Hey, I'm just human. Their dark chocolate doughnut always drives me nuts. And this was taken by my Tito who caught me enjoying my doughnut.



So there. We pretty much headed back to the condo after that. The day was tiring, but fun nonetheless. My stomach was severely satisfied, despite having to shed some inches.


Tip: Clawdaddy's servings for 1 person may also mean either 1 American or 2 Average-sized Filipinos. Trust me.





No comments: