Sunday, March 9, 2008

of Boxing & Bridal Fairs, Thanks to Marge & RG

Yep. Boxing. And Bridal Fairs. Two activities that have nothing in common except for their first letters.
Highschool friends Marge & RG are heaven sent -- I had a blast last Saturday.

First up they brought me to the wonderful (and now painful) world of Boxing yesterday (saturday) morning. I swear I almost passed out after doing 6 minutes of skipping rope. Damn skipping ropes! hahaha! I asked for a break and headed for water. Turns out I was dehydrated, coz after I chugged almost half of the bottle, the little blue dots slowly disappeared. Then I was back in my sluggish fighting form. Then kuya asked me what my fighting stance was. So I showed him. He asked me if I was right-handed or left-handed. I said I write with my right hand but I often do things the other way around. He said ok, coz with my preferred stance I was South Paw. Huh? I was left-handed in boxing?!? Interesting!

So I did the boxing thing with him, then with this huge punching bag, then with this ball tied up floor-to-ceiling, then with this pear-shaped one that's hanging from my head... the small one that I often see Pacquiao punching very fast... I pathetically attempted to punch it fast and almost hit my head with it. That damn thing was sneaky! You have to have a certain rhythm going there, so you can punch it continuously without it recoiling in your face. Haha. So I started counting.

"Punch, 1, 2, 3. Punch, 1, 2, 3. Punch.... oooops..." Ok. There goes my combo. Pathetic.

Then they made us do the ab thing. Crunches and the works. Jeez, I thought I'd given birth. In the middle of leg-raises I told Marge I can't go with them to the bridal fair later on, coz at the rate I was going I'd be unconscious by then.

So then RG picked Marge & me up, they dropped me off at home, and despite my excuses of being uncounscious and bed-ridden due to the sudden workout, RG said they'll pick me up in the afternoon so we can go to the Wedding Expo.

So I struggled to keep myself alive at least for the rest of the day. And am I glad I did. Marge & I had fun going around the huuuge venue, talking wedding... while RG was on his own, prowling for food (hehe) and rings for Marge (how sweet!). We were there for 3 hours, I think, and I think we pretty much covered everything. I booked our florist there already, and even won a Pre-nup thingie with My Portrait Box. Haha.

Muchas Gracias to my sweet friends, Marge & RG, for the wonderful day. Til next boxing session, ate Marge! ( i have to recover first haha)




No comments: