Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wedding Expo Philippines Day 2: Free Creative Shot

In my previous post about the first day of the Wedding Expo, I mentioned winning a prenup thingie from My Portrait Box. It's actually a free Prenup/Creative Shot (just 1 pose) done on the spot. Yes, right there beside their stall, in full view of everyone. But since Jon wasn't with me at that time, I had all the more reason to go back on the second day. (Hehehe.)

So there, I dragged Jon to the second day of the fair last Sunday, and we made sure to claim our free creative shot/prenup thingie from My Portrait Box. I stared incredously at the tiny backdrop and faux frame that was placed on the side. I asked jokingly,

"Ay, hahawakan ba namin ung frame?"
"Opo mam."
Whaaaat?!?

Ok. Their location was in the middle of a cramped row of different photographers/suppliers, with no dividers to give privacy to each of their spaces. I've been to my share of cramped stalls, my parent's being in the bazaar business and all, so the setup was not entirely alien to me. But we had our own "wall", or at least a divider to -- well -- divide the space between us and the vendors next to us. But this here is a (not so) wide open space, with a backdrop and a single lighting on one side. Jon and I was supposed to stand there, amidst wires, chairs and boxes, and have our "creative shot" taken, in full view of people passing by. It was so weird I swear I could feel the movements of the people from the next stall behind our backdrop. But the "hawak-frame" effect was actually nice, and in all fairness to them, the outcome was really nice too. It was just so unreal to me because the shot looks like it was done in a dark studio. Who would have thought it was actually done in a cramped but well-lighted area in the middle of a crowd? It made me feel that pictures really do have a story behind them...

So while waiting for the pictures to be printed, we decided to disturb our videographer's peace. We really had fun hanging out with Buddy and Cathy Gancenia of Reality Wedding Videos. And by a wonderful coincidence, our photographer Jomel Gregorio and his wife Nanette (they weren't able to join the fair coz they ran out of slots) suddenly popped up! They were going around the venue and happened to pass by Buddy's stall while Jon & I were there. It was actually a very happy impromptu meeting that had me realizing: I'm really getting married, and it's happening soon, and there are loads of stuff to do and pay for!!!

This realization was brought about by Jomel, who bombarded us with very creative ideas about our pre-nup shots. My mind was reeling with thoughts on how to make his vision possible, coz we really like his ideas. Which brought me to think of my worst fear: going over-budget. I am presently wrestling my brain not to think along that lines just yet.

Having maximized our time there, we felt the gravitational pull of our stomachs heading towards Mall of Asia. So we went to MoA to spend quality time...eating. Yeah yeah, I have to head back to ringside soon.

No comments: