Monday, March 17, 2008

Smitten... and I thought i don't swoon...

I have never really "swooned" over a local artist, much less have my picture taken with them... except maybe for the Streetboys during their heyday (but that's a different story already). Usually I'm just content with observing from the sidelines... if the famous person happened to glance my way, i feel like it's just TV, where the made-up faces of the celebrities seem to stare right at your eyes...

So what happened last Sunday was the absolute last thing on my mind...
Jon and I came from watching 10,000 B.C. and went to do a little shopping. We went to Penshoppe, and I picked out a nice shirt for him, and a wallet too... he was still looking at some pants but since my legs were tired with my 3-inch platforms (they were comfy but gravity is still real, it seems), so i decided to sit down on the couch in the middle of the store....

And then it happened.

I saw this guy smiling around, and people were approaching him... some wanting to take pictures of him, some even with him... I muttered a short expletive under my breath and realized it was Jericho Rosales.
Suddenly, I was struggling to get up from the couch when i suddenly stopped and said to myself,

"Teka, bakit nga ba ako nagkakandarapa. Eh ayaw ko nmn sa knya?"
You see, I'm not a swooning, shrieking and super fan of local artists. I find Jericho to be a good actor, but as a singer, I have yet to be convinced. Let's just say he can do a mall show in the background and I can get by without watching it, just continuing my shopping and walking. I had that attitude.

So imagine my utter amazement when I suddenly realized someone from my direction was rushing over to see him closer. What was more incredulous was -- it was me. I don't know, it was either my feet were not connected to my brain (brain: "i'm not even his fan!" vs. feet "outta my way! i'm gonna get there!"), or i just didn't want to be the odd person out na parang walang pakialam... coz even Jon was near the crowd, looking at the commotion hehehe!
I had my camera with me, and by a sudden inspiration brought about by the thought of this blog, I whipped out my camera...

And then i started taking pictures of his back...
















And then I moved to his side...





Elbowed my way up to the front...


And, well, with the help of my loving fiance, I became a part of this echo-perfect view.



So there, I gave in. I actually have a picture with a celebrity whom I thought I didn't like. Haha. "It's for my blogs...", I thought. But actully, it was for me too. It was a different experience for me, since I don't do it often, if not at all. I'm usually the "paparazzi"... not the "paparazzied".
In all fairness to him, I honestly think he's nice. It's hard to pretend to be nice up close coz it won't show up in the eyes... but he seemed sincere, especially when he looked me in the eye as he said thank you for taking a picture with him. And damn he had good skin. I'd kill for that skin, and that complexion too. What's with that? he's nice, and he has good skin. Hmph. The world ain't fair. Hahaha!
Although I know this won't reach him, I just want to say thanks to him. I hope he will always be that nice especially to his swooning, shrieking fans, as he was nice to someone who just wanted to experience being in the same picture as a famous person. (Him being a hunk don't hurt either, hehehe.)

No comments: