Friday, April 22, 2011

Revelations, Reflections...

I recently learned of a lovely friend's heartbreaking story. A story of love and happiness turned sorrow and regret. Every girl's dream of good life and love, blown apart, washed away in a tsunami-esque manner.

However, amidst the brouhaha, I daresay that you, my dear, are still the lucky and blessed one. You have your family behind your back, and you have real friends who are willing to do everything to make you feel better. The mis-informed minority should not make a dent in the enlightened majority. What is important is that you know what the Mighty One knows. We may not be perfect, certainly we all have our faults, but let us rest assured that we are the ones on the right track. As my soul sister said, nothing beats sleeping soundly at night with a clear conscience. Only He can give you the strength you need. I wish you peace of mind, because nothing beats that. I wish you success in your new life -- and hopefully a new love we would soon be hearing about.

Do not fault yourself for loving someone. We always hope for the best in every relationship, don't we? And we are fully aware that when we give our heart to somebody, we also give him the power to crush it. There's always a 50/50 chance of that happening. It is how we move forward that matters. If we choose to put ourselves down and wallow in self-pity, then that becomes our fault. But if we choose to surround ourselves with positive vibes, good friends and continue to look fabulous (like you do, by the way), then there's already vindication in that. I love your positivity. Remember, you are blessed :)

Which got me into thinking. How much should we love? Or is that even a valid question? When we get into a relationship, we have every resolve to make it work right? So we give it our best shot, and that includes a lotta love and a lotta trust. Great if it works out and we end up being together for the rest of our lives. But what if it doesn't? Did we love too much? Or too little? Should we vow never to love the same way again, or repeat the exact same thing? Is it the same as getting a stone and hitting our own head with it if we love that way again? Or do we become man-haters? Or should we always believe in second chances, or new chances for that matter?

Everyone's entitled to her own opinion. As for me, personally, I believe in always giving my heart another chance to love. Love the same way, hope the same way, trust the same way -- with the past mistakes in mind. I guess the formula worked for me. If I didn't give myself another chance, and another chance and another (haha), I wouldn't have met my wonderful hubby. It's always in the aftermath that one realizes that indeed, everything happens for a reason.



So maybe some people are still in the stage where everything's happening and nothing makes sense at all. I guess all roads lead to that turning point in our lives where, after passing it, we look back and we're able to say, "Ah, so that's why it happened."

This Holy Week is a time for reflection. Maybe that's why I'm thinking this way hehehe. I hope everyone who oughtta think has already thought, and everyone who oughtta understand have already understood. Furthermore, I wish that whatever has been thought and understood shall eventually lead them to the right path.


2 comments:

Arn said...

can't really comment much so...

*apir*

(alam mo na yun) :D

Unica Ivah said...

Hehehehe *apir!*

Thanks, Complement!