Monday, June 6, 2011

Painful Consequences

"Sometimes you have to suffer the consequences of your actions."
When I hear this line, I immediately think, "Damn, that can't be good..." Well, it's usually not. But you have no choice but to go through it.

This time I'm talking about physical pain. It's been a while since I've felt sick like this. Major attack of hyperacidity (I think) that I had to be rushed back to the condo from the mall just so I could lie down or throw up, whichever came first. I was just dropped off, so I was alone and hurting with no one to bring me to the hospital in case this was not just hyperacidity. Yes, that worse scenario came fleeting through my mind, although I managed to push it away because anxiety causes more pain.

So then I started thinking of what I have eaten the past few days that could have led to this. This is the part where you start pondering on your "actions" that led to this "consequence". Well, I could only think of 1 thing: chocolates. Whether it be a bar, or ice cream, or snack... I think I had too much chocolates for a while.

But since I'm a certified chocolate lover (even if it is technically not allowed for acidic persons like me teehee), I'm striving to defend the position that it was not merely the chocolates that did this. So, lessons learned:

  1. Seafood Chowder soup, 1 slice of really thin crust pizza is NOT an ideal dinner. However delicious or fancy the restaurant might be.
  2. #1 + Choco Java Ice Cream is not a good mix. 
  3. Late breakfast in the morning after eating #1&2 the night before is a dead-ringer for hyperacidic attacks.
So there. Lessons learned. As I am still recovering, I shall strive not to look at the chocolate shelf in the fridge, and shall eat good food in the couple of days to come.


1 comment:

Joan So said...

I'm eating chocolates as I am reading this blog entry and I suddenly remembered that I still kept the box of the Droste Pastille chocolates you gave me on my birthday...parang 9 years na yun nakatago. hahaha..:D