Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Unleash Your Inner Child

Contrary to what may be the initial impression, having your "inner child" intact amidst all the grown-up worries in this world is a sign of sanity and balance. I'm talking about having a couple (or for the moneyed, maybe even a collection) of toys or action figures at home or even at work that you secretly enjoy during certain moments in your life. It may not be something you want to show to everyone, but it is certainly one you'd share with whoever knows your heart's desires.

It goes to show that you still have a firm grasp on your childhood roots, even partially. It keeps your feet on the ground. It is a reminder that you can let go of all your worries and just look at the kid inside of you and enjoy it for a moment. It serves as a break from the chaotic and complicated problems that you face every single day. It shows that you are still who you were before, or a part of you at least, despite everything you've done and everything you've been through. It allows you to stop pretending to be a grown up all the freakin' time. It's a sign of freedom from everything around you and immersion in your secret world.

Of course, it doesn't mean that you'd burst into play in the middle of a client meeting or presentation. Perhaps that already warrants some medical assistance. It is in those moments of solitude, or moments with someone close to you that you unleash your inner child without the fear of being judged or ridiculed. It's fun, and therapeutic, even.

Which is why it got me thinking, what represents MY inner child? Am I too caught up with the grown-up world that I can't even remember what I used to do when I was a kid? Maybe I was. Maybe I am.

Thanks for reminding me. I guess it's time to look inside... my toy chest. :)


2 comments:

ledabrigino said...

what represents MY inner child? -- u eat lots of chocolates. sabagay, marami namang babaeng ganon. haha!

Unica Ivah said...

Hahaha! That's what got me sick (acidic, now) in the first place, eeek! :) I have to look for a more harmless "inner child" hahaha!