Wednesday, July 13, 2011

No Mood No Write

I have writer's block. As Bianca Gonzalez tweeted earlier today, she salutes journalists who have deadlines with their articles, because she can't always work on a deadline. If it's too distracting, she can't write. Ditto here. I can't just force myself to write when I don't feel like it.

Which is why I'm doing a somewhat paradoxial act of writing about my own writer's block. For a change, maybe I should express why I am not in the mood to write by writing about it. Go figure.

No time. I've been busy mommyhooding that I don't have time to write. I realized that I was able to write the past couple of months because my dad was often there to help me out with EJ since it was summer vacation (he's a teacher). But now, as we speak, a timer is ticking and anytime soon, wowo would "return" my son to me. Tik tok.

No mood. Probably related to previous reason. If I have no time to write, then I would also have no time to be in a mood for it. Except if I have an extreme emotion, which brings me to the next reason --

No extreme emotion. I'm steady. Most of the time. My recent extreme emotions I'm able to let it out in another way. Besides, not all extreme emotions are publishable. Haha.

No interesting topic around me. Why? Because I'm just in the house, damnit. I can't even watch my own channels on cable. It's always tuned to a) Baby TV b) Disney Junior (formerly Playhouse Disney, btw) c) Disney Channel d) Nickolodeon (very seldom). So there are no issues to talk about because I'm shut-out from the world. Except for Facebook and Twitter.

Facebook & Twitter. I have to admit, some of my short-term rants are already either in Facebook and/or Twitter. Better to let it out as status updates than spend time (which I hardly have) in front of the laptop typing fast about it.

But I miss blogging. I miss being reflective. I miss being bitchy and cynical. I miss being expressive. I miss having bursting thoughts and emotions I hardly know where to start. I miss that "can't wait to blog about it" feeling. I miss having uncluttered thoughts. I miss writing from the heart.

I'll get you back. Just you wait.

This is ME -- Unica Ivah


2 comments:

Joan So said...

hehehe..kaya I don't blog kasi (1) I'm not interesting hence I don't have anything interesting to write about (2) I'd rather sleep :D

Hope you'll be in the mood to write again soon. ^.^

Unica Ivah said...

Hahaha Snuggle! I can super relate to the second reason. There are times when I'd rather sleep nlng tlga. Kaya lng when the mood kicks in, there's no rest for the mind eh. I have to really let it out.

Thanks Jo. I'm opening myself up to being reflective about things again, so I could write again. Mwah!