Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Peel off the Label

After blogging about having nothing interesting to write about, I had an epiphany. Interesting thoughts shared with my close friend Jen's via her Facebook status:
"Thanks, luv Ü I am blessed that the people who matter to me have never made me feel that I am less of a person just because I'm single. You know I would rather shoot myself than go into a relationship simply for the label or "bragging rights"" -- Jen
"Some relationships don't even need labels. *wink* And besides, relationship statuses DO NOT make a person. It's who YOU are (to the people who matter) that defines you. Regardless of being single, in a normal or complicated relationship." -- Ivah
For my beautiful friend and for whoever can relate to this: let me reiterate that it's who YOU are that should define you. You need not declare any status -- they are merely labels of a certain fact of your life that should just be optionally known. You can have a real relationship even without defining or declaring it. It's between you and the other person. Peel off the label and what's left is what counts.

I have to admit seeing the relationship statuses of other people may be interesting, but no one has the right to make you feel you are "less of a person" just because of you are single. What, a girl can't be complete without a guy? HELL NO. *bitchy side resurfaces* Okay okay, same goes for guys too.

There shouldn't be any pressure getting into a relationship. No pressure declaring it either. And if it's for you, then it will happen no matter what. Regardless of day and age.

Kudos to whatever status you may have -- as long as it's your choice.


No comments: