Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Coffee & Love



(Originally posted in my Friendster and Multiply blogs dated Nov 13, '07 )

I'm not a coffee fanatic and I always go for non-caffeine drinks but I love spending time in coffee shops, chatting with friends, gossiping about other people (with my soul-burning partner Jen R. haha) or just reading a book. Heck, I worked in the E-banking hub INSIDE Starbucks Chinabank for several months, so I've learned to inhale the aroma of roasted beans for hours at a time.
I've also spent countless dates in coffee shops with the men who became part of my life (some, regrettably) and have spent hours talking about anything, sometimes alluding to a future together. There was always the same scene in every relationship: "cozy coffee shop, lazy afternoon, having "our future" talks over hot or cold drinks". But those relationships ended up the same way -- vamoose! Yep. Deja Vu.

However, last Saturday's Starbucks trip in Greenbelt 3 with my fiance proved to be different. This wasn't just another "cozy coffee shop, lazy weekend afternoon, and 'our future' talks over drinks" (and cinnamon roll) kinda thing. This time, our future was as clear as the bakery case beside the counter. We had a future, and the man sitting across the table from us is going to document it. His name is Buddy.

Buddy Gancenia, a Reality Wedding Videographer, is going to make sure i have something to bitch-slap myself with if ever I start having an early mid-life crisis.
I think I just sealed my future -- amidst coffee and love.

No comments: