Monday, February 25, 2008

Once in a Lifetime

(This was originally posted in my friendster blog dated February 26, 2007 at 02:13 AM)


I'm about to go on a vacation i so rightly deserve. I know I have to enjoy and cherish every waking moment coz i'm counting years till i can do this again. However, I think the next time will be sweeter because I might already be married then. =)
However, I wonder, are vacations really advisable? Going on a vacation allows me to escape from the reality that bites me (until God knows when) -- for a few days max. But when the plane lands back on Philippines soil... its a rough landing back to reality as well. The problems. The bites. The far-fetched solutions. So if I know i would end up in the same sh!t, why even bother trying to disillusion myself for a few days?
Well, primarily it's because everybody deserves a break from the drama. We deserve to reap the fruits of our hard labor (even if my fruits are unfortunately not with me). We deserve to enjoy. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. Or so they say.
One good thing about coming back home from this trip is that (aside from the fact that I could be with my loved ones again) my beloved and I have important things to discuss about our future. Hmm.. almost makes me want to go back home even before leaving. =)
For the meantime, I do hope I'd enjoy this one. This one's for me, for a change.

No comments: