Monday, February 25, 2008

Hongkong Aftermath: Back to Reality

(This was orginally posted in my friendster blog dated March 16, 2007 at 12:02 AM)


Well, we're back in Manila, and back to the reality that bites. It has already dawned into me that i again have to work to recover what i spent...
The experience was rewarding, the place was English-friendly -- all the signs always had english translations (Thank God for British rule). If you go there, go there for Disneyland and Ocean Park, because shopping is not the main attraction anymore. you can hardly buy anything there that's not already here. Being involved in the bazaar business, i basically know the products in bazaars in Manila, and there is almost no difference with the Ladies' Night Market there and the night markets here. Actually, sometimes it's even more expensive in HK. however, when the boutiques in HK have a sale, it really is a SALE. You get good deals.
But more than that, at least i got to do what i've been wanting to do since i learned how to spell "HongKong" -- actually go there. This was the longest vacation i had since i started working and i was able to give myself a long overdue break from reality. I think that 280-feet drop aboard that darned roller coaster (Mine Train) shook the neurons out of my brain and left me temporarily disoriented -- it made me forget about almost everything.
So then, snapping out of my reverie, i'm back home. Almost immediately, i started thinking of the bills i had to pay, the work i had to do, the meeting i had to coordinate. however, it felt good being home, giving pasalubong to my parents and loved ones. But most of all, it felt good to be back in the arms of the one i love, to see him patiently waiting for me at the airport even if my flight arrived at midnight. This is the reality i want to wake up to everyday.
Thanks G-ann for being Mother Hen and leading this trip (kahit naligaw tau hehe).
Thanks Jemmi for being my shopping partner (with matching shoes for our Dads).
Thanks Ivan for carrying my purple backpack (plus Grace's big and bulky pasalubong hehe).
And thanks jon, for picking me up from the airport at midnight despite the early office day the next day.

No comments: