Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Year, New Profile, New Me?

(This was originally posted in my Multiply and Friendster blogs dated Jan 11, '08 )

I changed my friendster and multiply profile. New year, new profile, new me? I guess so. I think the change in profile is symbolic, because it also shows the changes in me since the past years. I changed almost the whole profile- - however some small details remained the same -- just like what I went through. The change in me last year was so drastic (from stupid martyr last 2006 to pampered princess last 2007 to bridezilla this 2008) yet, there are still things that did not change.

I noticed my change in tastes. I no longer like some of the stuff i used to (gothic stuff etc). I grudgingly admit I'm slowly turning into a girl, my interests transforming from rugged to sexy. I'm forced to mature and primp myself up for my beloved, lest he leave me hahaha! Kidding. But my interest in bags, shoes and tops increased alarmingly. I found myself wanting to learn how to do the "smokey eyes" (i'll be damned haha!) and the unruly curly look (which I achieved last Noche Buena, see my profile pix). I also became a fan of the "out of bed" look (which I also achieved last Noche Buena, when my unruly curls got limp already haha! See my profile pix). I chopped off a part of my bangs to try to achieve the "angled bangs" look, whick sometimes works -- on a good hair day. Otherwise, my officemates ask me,

"Bakit parang ang gulo-gulo ng buhok mo?"
To which I retort,"Hmmp! Style yan!"

Yep, the boy is turning into a lady. Hahaha!

Seriously, the change in me is more than superficial. In fact, changing my looks usually signifies an internal change. I usually change something about the way I look when I resolve to change / move on / improve something. I feel like a change in the outside completes my change on the inside. Ever since I got engaged, my priorities, goals and dreams have changed. I have learned a lot, but I still have to learn a lot, pun intended. Planning for something that is life-changing suddenly forces you to grow up and it molds you into someone more mature, practical and decisive. It makes you organized, responsible and firm. You have to know what you want. If you don't, you have to learn to know what you want... and eventually get it. Yep, that's how it's gonna be -- for me, at least.

I'm looking forward to the year ahead of me. It will be crazy and exhausting, stressful but fun. I'll be making lots of discoveries about myself and my beloved, and the people around me. I would be meeting different people, dealing, trusting and hoping they don't frustrate the crap out of me. I hope to strengthen my faith as I'll be lifting everything to God, hoping to be reminded that if things don't go as planned, He has a reason for it. And most of all, I look forward to starting a whole new life with the man that I know God has intended for me -- because it's meant to be when He means it to be.

No comments: