Saturday, May 28, 2011

Clearly, Globe, Customer Service is NOT your Best Asset

Sometimes, even the widest range of cellphone services goes vamoose when you have crappy customer service.

My (new) line got redirected for the 2nd time because of low credit limit whatever. It's okay, I understand that. The first time I settled my payment, I got reconnected pretty easily. To think that I was in the middle of Makati while dictating the payment details to the hotline, I was reconnected within half an hour. Okay.

But this time, it's a different story. Cliffnote's version: I settled the whole amount yesterday and was told to wait 2 hours for reconnection. A couple of hours came and went without progress. Midnight I called their hotline and was told that as per their system, my line was already reconnected and that I should do this reset cycle thingie that involves putting my sim card into another phone so it can refresh. But still to no avail. Today, I had to call their hotline twice just so I could have a decent reply, FINALLY, from their customer rep. In my latest call this evening, after being put on hold for a couple of minutes, the customer rep finally had a new answer: that there was a "disalignment" in their system, that although their system logged that my line was already reconnected, the actual sms and call services where not provided.

Being from the IT field, I understand that. Sometimes, the system gives out a successful feedback but fails to do the job in the background. Sh!t happens, it's okay. My point is, why did it have to take 24 hours for them to see that?!?! Why did it have to take me 3 calls to their hotline just so someone could finally figure out what was wrong?!?! This time a request for the activation of the sms and call services were made, but again I was made to wait (gasp!) 24 effin' HOURS for the activation of the said services. That's 48hrs for something that usually takes less than a couple of hours to do. Why couldn't the earlier customer reps see what was wrong, so the request could have been made earlier and I didn't have to waste a day for something that wasn't even being resolved??????? So I sent an email to Globe. With this complaint plus more. So let's see what happens then.

Tsktsk. This is cramping my style. My cellphone activity has been generously hampered by delayed troubleshooting. Thanks Sun Cellular for being my unlikely savior. I owe you one.


No comments: