Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thank Goodness for my Own World :)

Sometimes it is easy to lose yourself in the real, crazy world.

I have been working since right out of college, I've always been around high-rise buildings and bosses and clients. There were always lunch-outs, dinner dates, Friday night gimmicks. Everyday was a new day, with new people to ride with in the shuttle, with new people to talk to on the phone, with new problems to face in the office, with new interactions with other people. These has been going on for the last (gasp!) 9 years of my life that I didn't know how to live otherwise. Amidst this all, I got married and had a baby. This new world combined with the world as I knew it were spinning their own circles and I had to keep up with both of them for a period of time. Until now.

One of those worlds had to stop spinning. Needless to say, the job had to go. Now I end up with a world totally different from the one I knew. Everything is a new and learning experience. I'm starting from scratch, learning the ropes of mommyhood from  no less than my own mother, plus books and internet on the side. My new boss is even more demanding than my former employers. As they say, there are no overtime pays, the working hours is 24/7, with no option for resignation. I love it, but then again, it is easy to lose yourself in this new world I have chosen to live in.

So then here comes my world. A world I seem to have only recently reclaimed. I'm not even sure if I had it before, but I have it now. It's a small world with a limited time frame (just whenever I'm free) when I can be myself and have choices and options that I don't normally have. There seems to be no time element, there are only good thoughts, good memories, good vibes. I can do what I want, I can feel what I want to feel, I can go wherever I wanna go, I can be whoever I wanna be, even a princess :) It's my refuge, it's my inner strength. Oftentimes it's my reason for smiling amidst the busy reality. It's in my mind, in my heart, and I can take it anywhere with me, anytime. Call it an active imagination, a parallel universe, an astral plane, or whatever.

I call it my Own World. This is ME.


No comments: